Hello Everyone! So much happens here throughout the week and so many people care about our school so deeply. We are blessed with new adventures everyday and we are so thankful to God for each new day we get! Here you will find Ms. Jessy's weekly updates about things going on around the building and in the classrooms!
IM BACK! It is so good to be back and I am so blessed to have my daughter just downstairs when I need some baby snuggles. Here are a LOT of updates so please read through this and reference it as needed.
1)The 3s, 4s, and Kindergarten are singing in Church THIS SUNDAY October 24th. They have been working on practicing their "Blind Man" song. There will also be a special children's message. We want you all to know that on behalf of Immanuel Lutheran Church we are so happy to have children in our service. We do not care if they are loud, or fussy, or running around, we are just so happy from them to be there, you are invited to join us for the entire service. The children will sing in the beginning of service. <<<<Picture of the children practicing their song.
2) Now that I am back there are two of us! Ms. Hannah and I have divvied up the roles of the job. Ms. Jessy is working directly with Parents so any questions you have should go to email@example.com. Ms. Jessy is also working with Enrollment. Ms. Hannah is working with staff, so if you would like to drop her a note about how a classroom is doing you should send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ms. Missy is still handling receipts and attendance, so if you need a tax statement or a statement of payments or need to call out a child please send a message to email@example.com. Please continue to email your child's classroom teacher AND Ms. Jessy for the following: COVID test results, Absences, Illness, Questions about classroom, curriculum, and policies.
3) Did you know you can get notifications on your Smartcare phone app? Using your parent app you can go into the notification settings to let you know when things are updated. I have the sign in/out turned off, personally, but I like to keep things like "child needs", "incident", "medication", and "notes" turned on. Our teachers will use these features occasionally and when they do it is nice to get a notification right away!
4)IDPH Travel Updates: Travel in the U.S. is no longer restricted. Your family my travel to any of the US States without needing to quarantine or COVID test upon return.
5) Saint of the Week: Here at Open Arms we believe that everyone is a saint and the best news, you don't have to do anything but be a child of God to be one! We will be randomly selecting 7 people (children and/or staff) to be saints of the week. We will honor that child's love from God through acts of service and a special spot on our front bulletin board.
6) Pumpkin Patch and Halloween Fashion Show: Just a reminder to mark your calendars for next week: Wednesday during school we will be bringing the pumpkin patch to us and Friday October 29th for our fashion show. The pumpkin patch here at school worked out so great and we will have our mini tractor hay ride again this year for all ages! For Friday, we will be streaming the show on Facebook and Facebook live throughout the day during the children's gym times. Ask their teachers what time their class goes to gym and set your alarms to log in to watch. The videos will be available after as well, just in case you miss it.
Happy 1st of October!
With October starting, there are a few things that are coming up this month. Hopefully you all received the newsletter, but to recap:
-Hearing and vision forms for the upstairs classrooms will be passed out on Monday the 4th. The actual date for hearing and vision testing is on Tuesday October 26th.
-Connecting Open Arms with Immanuel, we are inviting the 3's, 4's, and kindergarten to join us for singing at church. The service is at 10:45AM and the children will be asked to come forward right at the beginning of service to sing their song that they have been practicing so hard on these last few weeks. Hope to see you there!
-Our Halloween Fashion Show will be on October 29th during the day. We will have the show on Facebook Live via the Open Arms parent page. If you need access to our parent page please send Ms. Jessy a friend request.
The first day of fall was this week! Cooler temperatures are upon us. Please make sure your child has a coat or sweater for outside time. Also start swapping out extra clothes that are kept at school for warmer ones and not so summer like ones.
October is fast approaching. Keep an eye out for the school/church newsletter. The newsletter will put into detail the different events coming up in October.
This weekend we have Oktoberfest! Sunday September 26th from 3-6pm there will be brats and hot dogs as we have a fun time together enjoying the beautiful weather! It is supposed to be super nice outside this weekend, so even if you don't join us at Oktoberfest, enjoy the weather with anything you do this weekend!
We are still looking for a storm drainage engineer. If you know of anyone, please send them our way.
Again if there are any parents that know of a storm drainage engineer please send them our way. You can email Mrs. Dunn at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms. Kathy at email@example.com. We are looking to get our flooding issue under control and the Village of Glenview wants us to have a storm drainage engineer design a plan before we can move forward. Thank you in advance.
Reminder that Monday September 6th is Labor Day. Our facility is closed.
Have a great weekend!
Columbus Day is Monday October 11th. Open Arms is open Monday! Please let classrooms know if you will be keeping your child out that day.
Oct. 24th the 3's, 4's and Kindergarten will be singing for church. Church service starts at 10:45am.
Oct. 26th we have our hearing and vision testing. Please fill out the form and get that back to your classroom teacher as soon as possible.
Just another note for parents- there will be a Trunk or Treat at OLPH. Please find the flyers hanging up around the school.
It's been a wonderful second week of school here at Open Arms! We are all falling into our routines and enjoying learning and playing with our friends! :)
Wednesday we had Parent Orientation night. If you missed it please feel free to email Mrs. Hannah Dunn at firstname.lastname@example.org or your child's teacher to gather more information about curriculum and different things going on around the school!
Just a quick side note: If there are any parents that know of a storm drainage engineer please send them our way. You can email Mrs. Dunn at email@example.com or Ms. Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking to get our flooding issue under control and the Village of Glenview wants us to have a storm drainage engineer design a plan before we can move forward. Thank you in advance.
Reminder that Grill night is tonight from 5-7pm! Please join us for hot dogs and brats as we celebrate the start of a new school year!
Parent Orientation is upon us. August 25th at 6pm join us for a night of meeting the teachers! Can't wait to see you all!
- New 2s Teacher: Ms. Samantha Bahena Fitz (currently our Kindergarten Assistant) has accepted the position of Lead teacher of the Tiger Lily 2s Classroom! We are so excited to support Ms. Sam during this exciting time!
- Backpack Blessing: We are collecting donations of School supplies and backpacks to send to needy families in the surrounding areas. Please see the flyers around the school for the list of supplies and have the supplies dropped off in the building by Sunday August 15th so we can bless the backpacks in church before we send them out.
-Grill Night: Mark your calendars for Friday August 20th from 5 to 7pm. Last call for food will be at 6:30pm.
-Water Slide: One more waterslide day! Since the children loved it so much we have decided to do one more waterslide day for the upstairs classes. Remember to bring their swim suits on Tuesday August 10th!
- The new fence and gate were installed. We needed higher fencing along the river and added a gate (photo) to the west side of the playground for added safety! The last bolt was put in place on Monday the 26th!
-Best Wishes: Wednesday and Friday were Ms. Olivia's and Ms. Jennifer's last day, Ms. Olivia and Ms. Jennifer have been Assistants in the Baby classrooms, Ms. Olivia is going off to college in California and we wish to her many blessings as she continues her education and life journey. Ms. Jennifer (Olivia's Mom) is taking some time to help her move out there and transition for such a big step in their lives.
-Grill Night: We had such an amazing Grill night on Thursday the 22nd with over 120 people present! We are planning another Grill Night on Friday, August 20th so mark your calendars!
-As we near the end of the summer, if you do not plan to return for the school year, please notify Ms. Jessy on your child's last day and remember to turn in your key fobs or a $10 replacement fee (per fob) will show on your account.