An integral part of our mission, here at Open Arms, is giving back. The following are a few of the ways that we accomplish this:
- Our annual trike-a-thon for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
- Our diaper drive held in May where we collect diapers to donate to Mary Lou's Place in Evanston, which is an emergency shelter for mothers and children suffering from domestic violence.
- Operation Christmas Child, where we fill and pack shoe boxes that will be sent to children in developing countries.
- Our Care Kit Packing Events where we work together to be a blessing to others. We put together personal hygiene kits that we send to those in need.
- We participate in the Rotary Club’s collection of backpacks. Every August we collect and donate backpacks filled with school supplies. These backpacks are then distributed to children whose families utilize the Northfield Pantry Food Bank.
- We volunteer with Feed My Starving Children.